Maxon has unveiled Cinema 4D R16, the latest release of industry-leading 3D motion graphics, visual effects, painting, and rendering software application. Cinema 4D R16 is packed with a lot of powerful features such as modeling PolyPen ‘super-tool’, a Motion Tracker for easily integrating 3D content within live footage and a Reflectance material channel for multi-layered reflections and specularity.
Cinema 4D R16 key features include:
- Motion Tracker – Seamless integration of 3D elements into real-world footage.
- Interaction Tag – Control over 3D objects and works with Tweak mode to provide information on object movement and highlighting.
- PolyPen – Paint polygons and move, clone, cut and weld points or edges of 3D models.
- Bevel Deformer – Non-destructive and animatable bevels.
- Sculpting – Numerous improvements and dynamic features for precision.
- Other Features – All-new Cogwheel spline primitive; Mesh Check tool; Deformer Falloff options, and cap enhancements.
- Reflectance Channel – Added control over reflections and specularity within a single new channel, with multiple layers for creating complex surfaces.
- Team Render Server – Enhancements including a new client-server architecture.
- New Render Engine for Hair and Sketch – A new unified effects render engine to seamlessly raytrace Hair and Sketch lines.
Performance and Workflow Features:
- Cinema 4D R16 performance and workflow features, including a revised Content Library, support for the current versions of FBX and Alembic, a new Solo button, Annotations, a new UV Peeler and more.
Pricing and Availability:
Cinema 4D R16 starts shipping September, 2014 and is available for Windows and Mac OS X.