[Source] The Foundry
The Foundry, a leading visual effects software developer has released MARI 1.4, a scalable, future proof and the ideal paint tool for 3D Artists. Designed from the ground up to meet the needs of the most demanding VFX Texture and Matte Painting Artists, MARI is a 3D digital paint tool that simplifies artist workflow.
In the past year MARI has quickly become the new high end standard for digital paint. It has been widely adopted across the industry at leading film studios and post production houses including Sony Picture Imageworks, DreamWorks, Industrial Light & Magic, Pixar and Digital Domain to name a few.
Originally developed to cope with one of the most ambitious VFX films of our time and enhanced for you by The Foundry, MARI is adept at scaling and will adapt to deliver on often unforeseen production requirements.
- Fast, efficient and capable of producing highest quality 3D results: MARI uses background data management that allows the artist to view the whole data set at once, enabling you to work in context, viewing and painting multiple models together in shot.
- Scalable, future proof, and capable of outperforming all other paint tools: MARI has data sets capable of handling super high-resolution textures and millions of polygons.
- Making your pipeline simple: MARI runs on Linux and supports Industry standard Python Scripting and C API enabling an open interface for integration, automation and customization, and Open ColorIO to standardize color management.
- Intuitive, flexible, easy to learn and use: MARI offers a “paint and bake” approach designed and proven by artists, powerful image processing tools, customizable menu system and integration with Photoshop including new Adobe® Photoshop® layered PSD import/export.
- Production Proven: MARI has been central to some of the toughest and most demanding CGI projects of recent times, including: Avatar and District 9.
Availability and Pricing: MARI 1.4 is available immediately and runs on Windows and Linux. It supports Ptex, Python OpenEXR, and C API. MARI 1.4 is priced at $1,980/ £1,200 with maintenance costing $330/£200.