[Source] Maxwell Render
Next Limit Technologies has released Maxwell Render Suite 2.6, an advanced light simulation and rendering plugin for 3D visualization with lot of new features and enhancements.
Maxwell Render Suite 2.6 new features include:
- Hair Rendering: Introducing a new procedural primitive for rendering hair- compatible with the most popular hair systems (Shave & Haircut, Maya Hair, Max Hair, Ornatrix, Cinema Hair).
- Particle Rendering: New procedural primitive for particles- compatible with the most popular particle systems (RealFlow particles, Maya particles, 3ds Max).
- Support for vector displacement.
- Much faster motion blur.
- Referenced MXS files: It is now possible to load references of MXS files in your main scene file, which are added only at render time, dramatically reducing export times especially for animations, and reducing scene transfer times when network rendering.
- Support for referenced materials has been added.
- Scripting: Maxwell Render SDK now includes a standalone python editor and scripting examples.
- Displacement: A new, faster displacement algorithm.
- Big improvements in image processing, filtering and aliasing which enhances overall quality of the render.
- Advanced integration with RealFlow that allows you to handle RealFlow output and generate particles and meshes in render time.
- Customer support centre for everything from tutorials and tips, to scenes and scripts.