Next Limit has released RealFlow 2012, the latest version of their fluid dynamics simulation software which includes learning edition and exciting new features.
RealFlow 2012 new features include:
Hybrido: Huge improvements to Hybrido workflow and performance for RealFlow 2012.
- Dripping water, automatic foam generation, faster simulations and lower memory use
- New emitters: Wet, Waterline, Splash&Foam, Wet&Foam
- Faster input/output operations
- Distance and velocity fields and velocity and vorticity maps can now be exported
- Greater controllability of fluid surface – new method of combining particles and fluid fields.
- Better control of the strength of interaction between objects and fluids
- Secondary splashes
Fracture Tool: RealFlow 2012 now provides a built-in, easy-to-use tool to create fractured objects directly within your project.
- Voronoi fracturing method
- Automatic generation of multibody node for fractured object
- Optimized fractures for Caronte
Retimer Tool: The Retimer Tool in RealFlow 2012 works on any of the RealFlow 2012 elements and opens up a world of possibilities.
- Bullet time effects
- Reversed simulations
- Slow motion effects
- Dynamic simulations controlled by engines.
- By using Servos, it is possible to use RealFlow’s dynamics solver to animate rigid bodies in a physically-correct fashion.
- New Layers panel – faster workflow, easier simulation, improved visibility.
- RealFlow 2012 also comes with some new shortcuts shelves.
- Nodes list can now be filtered by name.