Luxology has released MODO 701, a latest version if their 3D package with significant improvement to modeling, sculpting, animation, effects and much more.
MODO 701 new features include:
- Procedural particle engine with an easy to use pre-set workflow
- Audio playback and a sound channel modifier, bringing animations to life
- Schematic improvements, reducing scene graph complexity
- Dedicated dynamics simulation layer, significantly improving performance
- Simplified complexity of materials and layered shaders
- Large scene performance improvements by as much as 175x
- Preview render synchronization improvements, over 50x faster in large scenes
- New Python interpreter, making python execution many times faster
- Unlimited network rendering
“MODO 701 is a big step forward and has a number of new features that will help me in my day-to-day work,” comments Richard Yot, Itchy Animation. “It’s things like preview’s AA filters which now allow it to be used as a hassle-free production renderer. This means cleaner renders with minimal effort. The rewritten dynamics engine also now calculates simulations much more rapidly and accurately.”
Pricing and Availability: MODO 701 is available to download now from the Luxology website. New users can buy the current version of modo 601 at the current price of US$1,195.00 and then get a free MODO 701 upgrade at launch. Existing users will follow the same upgrade process as previous versions US$495. When you buy a MODO 701 Individual License, you can use it on both the PC and Mac as we license the software to you, not your computer.