[Developed by] Marius Silaghi
The Quad Chamfer modifier produces all quad chamfers, unlike the normal 3ds Max chamfer which produces a lot of triangles and n-gons.
It is the successor of the Quad Chamfer MAXScript, improving on by:
- Speed: Being a native c++ plugin now it allows you to modify chamfers in real time.
- Control: You can determine the look of your chamfers by controlling their sharpness/roundness.
- Robustness: A robust new algorithm allows you to chamfer any edge combinations without unpredictable results.
- Flexibility: You don’t have to commit to any chamfer, you can always change them later.
- Workflow: With the new “Use Smoothing Groups” option you can chamfer the sharp edge between smoothing groups. This allows you to go under the Quad Chamfer modifier and make changes to the topology without destroying your chamfers.
For more info and purchase: mariussilaghi.com/qchamfermod.htm