[Source] The Foundry
Leading visual effects software developer The Foundry has released MARI 1.4v3, its cutting-edge paint tool for 3D artists.
MARI has been designed from the ground up to meet the needs of the most demanding VFX texture and matte painting artists. It is capable of handling vast numbers of pixels, and outperforms all other paint tools in speed, flexibility and processing capabilities. The latest release gives users more control than ever before.
MARI 1.4v3 new features include:
- Linked patches – Easily replicate texture data across patches without having to cut and paste.
- Fully customizable navigation – Remap your Mari experience to meet your needs and choose from styles, including Nuke, Autodesk Maya, Side Effects Houdini.
- Rotation in the UV View – Line things up perfectly and save poor aching wrists.
- New Tint and Stencil mode – Easily lay down decals, using the Mari Paint Through tool.
- Cancel operations – Cancel long-running operations at the touch of a button.
- Performance – Shader baking performance has been improved (5x-10x faster)
- User Defined Filter Pre-sets – Remember those common tasks
- Lots of PTex updates – Workflow improvements directly from production
- Plus many more great feature additions and fixes.
MARI 1.4v3: Buy | Download Free Trial | Release Notes