[Source] ZBrush Central
Pixologic has announced the release ZBrush 4R2b, a major upgrade to ZBrush with lot of exciting new features and enhancements.
ZBrush 4R2b new features include:
- FiberMesh to create true 3D fibers, fur and hair which may be sculpted, painted, UV mapped and even exported to other applications.
- New set of dedicated FiberMesh “Groom” brushes and corresponding Brush settings.
- MicroMesh support to render fibers or single polygons as another 3D object.
- New set of BPR filters and operators to greatly improve your final ZBrush renders.
- BPR Global Shadow and Ambient Occlusion settings which simplify shadow management.
- New Cavity Mixer which to define different material shaders based on the mesh cavities.
- Improved small details creation through Alpha and Mask. Alphas may be placed using TransPose.
- Surface Smoothness feature detects mesh curvature for Mask creation.
- New global deformation with Transpose Curve deformation and UnClip.
- Improved Mask operations with Shrink and Extend.
- Topology editing additions: Group Mask and Edgeloop Mask Border.
- New JPEG Exporter with Crop, Preview and adjustment settings.
- Numerous improvements such as storing shadow information based on the camera point of view, preview of mesh Extraction, Auto Adjust Mode for perspective and a lot more.
ZBrush 4R2b is a free update for all registered ZBrush users.
- For anyone who already has ZBrush 4R2 installed, an Updater is available now in the Pixologic Download Center.
- If you cannot install version 4R2 (because you never upgraded to it or did not save your installer), you will not be able to use the Updater. Instead, please submit a ticket in the Support Center. Choose the “Upgrades” department when prompted.
- New purchasers of ZBrush will receive version 4R2b directly and will not need to update.
- Floating license customers will receive an email with special upgrade instructions before the end of January.