CoreCG has announced the release of MentalCore, a plugin that provides an alternative to the standard rendering workflow for Maya and mental ray. Designed and proven in production, MentalCore completes the shading, lighting and rendering pipeline, and is suitable for small to large productions.
MentalCore allows you to focus on creating great renders in less time, and the shader library provides a wide range of material, texture and utility shaders to help you achieve the look you need.
MentalCore features include:
- Render Globals Interface: Quick access to all global settings and render passes.
- Node Based Render Pass System: Reliable render pass system that eases linking to objects, materials and lights.
- Shader Library: Achieve desired looks with new material, texture and utility shaders.
- Color Management System: Easily adopt a linear color workflow.
- Preview Render Passes: Preview render passes in the renderview without the memory overhead of rendering all other passes in one go.
- Ambient Occlusion Transparency: Support for ambient occlusion transparency.
- Python API: Easily integrate MentalCore into any pipeline.
- mental ray Compatibility: Compatible with mental ray standalone renderer.
Pricing and Availability: MentalCore is now available for purchase on the CoreCG website as a node locked license at an introductory price of US $189, or a floating license for US $199. Modified pricing is available for educational institutions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. A free 30-day trial of MentalCore is available on http://www.core-cg.com/.
For more info and purchase: core-cg.com/products/mentalcore/overview/