The Blender Foundation has released Blender 2.60 with 3D audio, UI translation, improved weight painting and a lot of animation system updates.
Blender 2.60 key features include:
- 3D audio support.
- Translated UI with support for non-western fonts.
- Improved nodes editing.
- Animation system improvements.
- Texture face properties moved to material.
- Improved weight painting tools.
- Recast Detour branch, GE navigation maps.
- Collada GSoC project.
- Vertex group modifiers.
- Migrated to newer FFMpeg 0.8.2.
- Sequencer proxy support.
- Python callbacks for events like “on load” or “frame changed”.
- OSX now has stable OMP (threading) support for sculpt and physics sims.