OC3 Entertainment has released FaceFX 2012, a cutting edge solution for creating realistic Facial Animation from Audio files. FaceFX is the culmination of years of experience working with lip-synchronization, 3D Graphics, and Facial Animation. The product makes it easy to batch process thousands of Audio files for your game, add expressions to a single Animation without ruining the lip-synchronization, tweak an Animation to perfection, or integrate the entire solution into your art pipeline.
- Added Mandarin, Czech, and a framework for supporting new languages.
- Support for wxPython for creating GUIs from python.
- Full Body Animations
- Animation Compression to reduce memory and disk usage by up to 90%
- Added centralized mounting/unmounting of animation sets to save in-game memory
- Added ability to change the camera near / far clip distance on a per-camera basis from the camera creation / edit dialog.
- Improved coarticulation using componentized mapping with tongue-only targets.
- Added duration and magnitude scale spawn conditions to events.
- added -overwite flag to key command
- Added -noautoexec command line option that disables autoexec.fxl execution
- added -starttime and -fullskeleton flags to fbx command.
- Added support for site-packages directory for installing 3rd party modules in Studio’s Python implementation (Studio\Python26\site-packages).
- Added support for .ogg files (previously the .oga extension was recognized only)
- FaceFX Studio now checks for updates
- Cut, Copy & Pasting keys and events now uses the windows clipboard and works in between different instances of studio
- After crashing, switch default render system to direct3D as the most common crashes are due to display drivers.
- Added better error messages to the log for text tag processing
Check out What’s New, explore the Documentation, or download an Evaluation.